Ghilotti Construction is working in Livermore, CA on our largest project in GCC history.
We are in Livermore, California widening 6-miles of Hwy 580 in the west bound direction.
This is largest project in the history of Ghilotti Construction, with a base contract of 53 million.
GCC will be building 20 retaining walls with an average height of 20 feet. Widening 3 bridges and 1 box culvert within the 6 mile stretch. We will be retrofitting the electrical system for the weigh station. Ghilotti will also construct an HOV/Express Lane for the Alameda County Transportation Commission.
Some interesting project statics include:
- Moving and balancing over 100 thousand CY of dirt.
- Placing over 200 thousand tons of asphalt over 2 million square feet of highway.
- Using 1.1 Million pounds of reinforced steel.
- Placing 8 Thousand cubic yards of Structural Concrete.
- There is 33 Thousand linear feet of concrete barriers on both side.
- We will build 15 overhead sign structures. Install 80 storm drain systems.
- We will have over 120 miles of temporary and permanent striping.
- For the first time ever, CalTrans approved using a combination of lime and cement for stabilizing the highway subgrade.